Yamaha XT250 vs TW200
Off-road tires, Great shocks, good seat height, kickstand down will not start if not in Neutral.
Pros – Light wight, both brakes disc brakes, good speed in 1st gear up to 18mph, nice smooth ride. Better on Highways
Cons – back tire is not huge tire, missing skid plate/stock
Pros – Huge Back Tire, Cheaper than xt250, old style speedometer, 31in, comes with skid plate
Cons– Back brake is drum, 50cc less than xt250, can only go about 10-12mph in 1st gear, not as fast on highway
- Strong-pulling 196cc air-cooled, four-stroke single delivers torquey low- and mid-range power perfectly suited to off-road exploring.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission with manual clutch puts potent powerband to the ground for maximum on- and off-road performance.
- Internal engine counterbalancer keeps vibrations down for greater all-day comfort.
- Maintenance-free CDI ignition system ensures precise, reliable spark for peak engine performance at all rpm.
- Easy, reliable pushbutton electric starting.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
|Engine Type||196cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||67.0mm x 55.7mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni® 28mm|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||Telescopic fork; 6.3-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 5.9-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||220mm single disc|
|Brakes / Rear||110mm Drum|
|Tires / Front||130/80-18|
|Tires / Rear||180/80-14|
|Seat Height||31.1 in|
|Ground Clearance||10.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||1.8 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||78 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||278 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
Long-travel suspension and more than 11.2 inches of ground clearance live under a seat only 31.9 inches from the ground.
- A light crankshaft helps provide quick responsive power.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission for maximum power and performance in a wide range of terrain and conditions.
- Straighter intake tract for improved performance.
- Hassle-free pushbutton electric starting adds extra convenience and reliability.
|Category:||Enduro / offroad|
|Rating:||65 out of 100. Show full rating and compare with other bikes|
|Price as new (MSRP):||US$ 5090. Prices depend on country, taxes, accessories, etc.|
|Engine and transmission|
|Displacement:||249.00 ccm (15.19 cubic inches)|
|Engine type:||Single cylinder, four-stroke|
|Bore x stroke:||74.0 x 58.0 mm (2.9 x 2.3 inches)|
|Fuel system:||Carburettor. Teikei 33mm|
|Lubrication system:||Wet sump|
|Fuel consumption:||3.22 litres/100 km (31.1 km/l or 73.05 mpg)|
|Greenhouse gases:||74.7 CO2 g/km. (CO2 – Carbon dioxide emission)|
|Chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels|
|Front suspension:||35mm telescopic fork|
|Front suspension travel:||226 mm (8.9 inches)|
|Rear suspension:||Swingarm w/rebound-adjustable single shock|
|Rear suspension travel:||180 mm (7.1 inches)|
|Front tyre dimensions:||2.75-21|
|Rear tyre dimensions:||120/80-18|
|Front brakes:||Single disc|
|Front brakes diameter:||245 mm (9.6 inches)|
|Rear brakes:||Single disc|
|Rear brakes diameter:||203 mm (8.0 inches)|
|Physical measures and capacities|
|Weight incl. oil, gas, etc:||132.0 kg (291.0 pounds)|
|Seat height:||810 mm (31.9 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.|
|Overall height:||1,161 mm (45.7 inches)|
|Overall length:||2,149 mm (84.6 inches)|
|Overall width:||805 mm (31.7 inches)|
|Ground clearance:||284 mm (11.2 inches)|
|Wheelbase:||1,359 mm (53.5 inches)|
|Fuel capacity:||9.08 litres (2.40 gallons)|
|Factory warranty:||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|